The Fountainhead Movie, a remake?

Perhaps the AS movie will trigger a remake of The Fountainhead.

I never liked Gary Cooper's performance. He delivered most of his lines in a monotone way, as if he was reading from a page, devoid of any passion the words warranted.

• 1 year later...

I just came across it -- wonderful idea. I cannot conceive of anybody able to make Roark believable but many could do Rs sex appeal

Dominique ---well, Jolie. Ayn Rand in a bad mood? Anyone else?

Perhaps the AS movie will trigger a remake of The Fountainhead.

I never liked Gary Cooper's performance. He delivered most of his lines in a monotone way, as if he was reading from a page, devoid of any passion the words warranted.

While Cooper is said to have agreed with the intention of the book, it is also said that his failure to deliver the Courtroom Speech well originated in his lack of understanding of the philosophical premises. The first shooting was so bad that Vidor called Rand back to the set to help with the speech.

Another problem was Cooper's age. He was not young enough through most of the movie. Today, they would solve that with more actors in the same mold.

That said... We have seen every remake of Pride and Prejudice and a story like that is proper reimaged and reloaded for each generation (The last two were only 10 years apart. Time flies.) So, too, with The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. I believe that YouTube and technology will give us several versions of each in the next 20 years. Like The Odyssey (Kirk Douglas way back Armand Asanti not so far back), the story never loses importance.