Soros Speaks at Cato Institute

Selene

"Glenn Beck has everyone trained to see a monster in George Soros, but at Cato yesterday he actually offered an interesting take on macro-economics and where human psychology fits into the story. I’m not saying he’s right, but he’s not stupid. Kudos to Cato for engaging the man at the level of his ideas, rather than caricature."

Soros spoke at Cato

Why I agree with (some of) Friedrich Hayek Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53885.html#ixzz1L6ww50M2

I do not know if there is video of the speech available, it was given on April 28, 2011.

I do not know if there is video of the speech available, it was given on April 28, 2011.

The event -- a Book Forum -- includes a reading by Soros, with a video posted at the Cato site, all 85 minutes of it, featuring Bruce Caldwell, Richard A. Epstein, George Soros and Ronald Hamowy as moderator (Soros at 15:30).

The event -- a Book Forum -- includes a reading by Soros, with a video posted at the Cato site, all 85 minutes of it, featuring Bruce Caldwell, Richard A. Epstein, George Soros and Ronald Hamowy as moderator (Soros at 15:30).

William the Research Man!

Thanks. I quickly looked at the Cato site and even ran Soros in the search box, but did not see it. I guess I was rushing.

Thanks again.

Adam

Thanks. I quickly looked at the Cato site and even ran Soros in the search box, but did not see it. I guess I was rushing.

It is interesting that Cato would have him speak -- but it makes sense when you realize he was one of the men on the panel who knew Hayek (and Popper) and he has a certain influence. Rather than demonize him and his shadow party, Cato puts him up to speak for himself, and in the process he makes a spark or two of sense to some Cato-ish folk.

It looks like the full text of his op-ed is available on one page, at Politico.

Edited by william.scherk

It is interesting that Cato would have him speak -- but it makes sense when you realize he was one of the men on the panel who knew Hayek (and Popper) and he has a certain influence. Rather than demonize him and his shadow party, Cato puts him up to speak for himself, and in the process he makes a spark or two of sense to some Cato-ish folk.

It looks like the full text of his remarks is available on one page, at Politico.

I think that is the same as my second link in the original post.