What objectivism truly is.

Tony,

I reminded of the saying "You can lead a horse to water..." etc. My description of Bob ("Willful ignorance") was too kind.

He's all yours Carol.

Mikee, I think I love you.

Use the word "horticulture"in a sentence.

I dare you.

Yours forever,

Cqrol

"Yours forever"??? Then BARELY an hour later "Tony I think I love you the most" Goes to show, you can lead a horticulture but she's still a fickle bitch.

Um, the ability to hold two equal opposite ideas in your mind is an indication of something or other. Greatness! That's it! Not fickleness or anything, I'm pretty sure.

Carol

still thirsty and wondering why

Not protesting whore or bitch: duly noted.

Affectionately,

Mikee

PS: Not a hockey player but have enough facial scars and chipped teeth to be mistaken for one (in a moment of passion).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, I reminded of the saying "You can lead a horse to water..." etc. My description of Bob ("Willful ignorance") was too kind. He's all yours Carol.
Mikee, I think I love you. Use the word "horticulture"in a sentence. I dare you. Yours forever, Cqrol
"Yours forever"??? Then BARELY an hour later "Tony I think I love you the most" Goes to show, you can lead a horticulture but she's still a fickle bitch.
Um, the ability to hold two equal opposite ideas in your mind is an indication of something or other. Greatness! That's it! Not fickleness or anything, I'm pretty sure. Carol still thirsty and wondering why
Not protesting whore or bitch: duly noted. Affectionately, Mikee PS: Not a hockey player but have enough facial scars and chipped teeth to be mistaken for one (in a moment of passion).

Wha? whats been going on here? I been missing all the fun...

Must come downtown more often - this place "Garbage Pile" is where the action is.

Mikee, not playing fair, man. Turn my back a sec and you all over her. You know she's crazy for chips and scars on lookalike hockey players.

Carol, It's requited, darlin'.

(See if you can top that you girl-stealing 'hockey player'.) Ha.

Tony

smooothy

Unrequited love's a bore...

Sinatra and Billie Holiday sang Glad to be Unhappy also, which is where the line is from.

Adam

always trying to be able to lubricate with a song...

Adam,

I almost read that as "trying to lubricate with a thong", as maybe one with a lithp. :)

~ Shane

Tony, I reminded of the saying "You can lead a horse to water..." etc. My description of Bob ("Willful ignorance") was too kind. He's all yours Carol.
Mikee, I think I love you. Use the word "horticulture"in a sentence. I dare you. Yours forever, Cqrol
Um, the ability to hold two equal opposite ideas in your mind is an indication of something or other. Greatness! That's it! Not fickleness or anything, I'm pretty sure. Carol still thirsty and wondering why
Not protesting whore or bitch: duly noted. Affectionately, Mikee PS: Not a hockey player but have enough facial scars and chipped teeth to be mistaken for one (in a moment of passion).

Wha? whats been going on here? I been missing all the fun...

Must come downtown more often - this place "Garbage Pile" is where the action is.

Mikee, not playing fair, man. Turn my back a sec and you all over her. You know she's crazy for chips and scars on lookalike hockey players.

Carol, It's requited, darlin'.

(See if you can top that you girl-stealing 'hockey player'.) Ha.

Tony

smooothy

Hey, you were missing in action. Speaking of which, where's Carol? I think Adam knows something.

Mikee

more than one fish in the sea

Hello boys. I was just away thinking for a while. Not because anyone made me!!!... I decided to do it all by myself.

Mikee, I have no objection to regular religiosex based swearing, it can be quite the art form. SEE, Jonathan, I am not totally prudish, just 90%. In fact Trailer Park Boys is my top favourite show. Big Ricky fan.

I am not speaking to Adam. He has bashed Toronto one too many times. We have enough bashers right here in Toronto without foreign intervention.

Tony

smooothy

I don't know, I don't think it lives up to the hype. I've been down here all night and I haven't seen one flower yet.

- Suzanne

And it is this type of post that makes her an OL treasure...

One of my all time favorite songs, unfortunately by a Canadian who cannot sing, Leonard Cohen, but one of my all time favorite voices, Judy Collins, slightly worn by age, provides a great rendition:

Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river

You can hear the boats go by

You can spend the night beside her

And you know that she's half crazy

But that's why you want to be there

And she feeds you tea and oranges

That come all the way from China

And just when you mean to tell her

That you have no love to give her

Then she gets you on her wavelength

And she lets the river answer

That you've always been her lover

And you want to travel with her

And you want to travel blind

And you know that she will trust you

For you've touched her perfect body with your mind. great line

And Jesus was a sailor

When he walked upon the water

And he spent a long time watching

From his lonely wooden tower {beautiful}

And when he knew for certain { section}

Only drowning men could see him

He said "All men will be sailors then

Until the sea shall free them"

But he himself was broken

Long before the sky would open

Forsaken, almost human

He sank beneath your wisdom like a stone

And you want to travel with him

And you think maybe you'll trust him

For he's touched your perfect body with his mind.

Now Suzanne takes your hand

And she leads you to the river

She is wearing rags and feathers

From Salvation Army counters

And the sun pours down like honey

On our lady of the harbour

And she shows you where to look damn can this man write lyrics

Among the garbage and the flowers

There are heroes in the seaweed

There are children in the morning

They are leaning out for love

And they will lean that way forever

While Suzanne holds the mirror

And you know that you can trust her

For she's touched your perfect body with her mind.

Judy's voice is a little strained, but I literaly get harmonic tingles up my spine when I hear her sing...beautiful.

Great catch Carol...

Adam

Tony

smooothy

I don't know, I don't think it lives up to the hype. I've been down here all night and I haven't seen one flower yet.

- Suzanne

And it is this type of post that makes her an OL treasure...

One of my all time favorite songs, unfortunately by a Canadian who cannot sing, Leonard Cohen, but one of my all time favorite voices, Judy Collins, slightly worn by age, provides a great rendition:

Suzanne takes you down to her place near the river

You can hear the boats go by

You can spend the night beside her

And you know that she's half crazy

But that's why you want to be there

And she feeds you tea and oranges

That come all the way from China

And just when you mean to tell her

That you have no love to give her

Then she gets you on her wavelength

And she lets the river answer

That you've always been her lover

And you know that she will trust you

For you've touched her perfect body with your mind. great line

And Jesus was a sailor

When he walked upon the water

And he spent a long time watching

From his lonely wooden tower {beautiful}

And when he knew for certain { section}

Only drowning men could see him

He said "All men will be sailors then

Until the sea shall free them"

But he himself was broken

Long before the sky would open

Forsaken, almost human

He sank beneath your wisdom like a stone

And you want to travel with him

And you think maybe you'll trust him

For he's touched your perfect body with his mind.

Now Suzanne takes your hand

And she leads you to the river

She is wearing rags and feathers

From Salvation Army counters

And the sun pours down like honey

On our lady of the harbour

And she shows you where to look damn can this man write lyrics

Among the garbage and the flowers

There are heroes in the seaweed

There are children in the morning

They are leaning out for love

And they will lean that way forever

While Suzanne holds the mirror

And you know that you can trust her

For she's touched your perfect body with her mind.

Judy's voice is a little strained, but I literaly get harmonic tingles up my spine when I hear her sing...beautiful.

Great catch Carol...

Adam

Back at ya. I agree with your assessment of LC's vocal skills. That's why I think Halleluia is so good - even when he sings it himself, it stays a great song.

And now for the rest of the story...Suzanne Verdal McAllister...

verdal.jpg

"Suzanne Verdal perches in the doorway of the little gypsy cabin

she and her son built on the back of a truck".

Suzanne left Montreal in 1992 with his son Kahlil.

http://www.leonardco...com/verdal.html

This is the transcript of the interview. An excellent job by the interviewer Sanders.

From Suzanne:

And Jesus was a sailor .....

etc.

Why is it that Leonard Cohen, a very Jewish Jew comprehends Jesus better than most Christians?

Ba'al Chatzaf

From Suzanne:

etc.

Why is it that Leonard Cohen, a very Jewish Jew comprehends Jesus better than most Christians?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Wasn't Jesus "a very Jewish Jew"?

--Brant

Good point. In fact that goniff Paul of Tarsus (formerly Saul of Tarsus) made it has life's work to hide that fact from Gentile converts.

Ba'al Chatzaf

From Suzanne:

etc.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Wasn't Jesus "a very Jewish Jew"?

--Brant

Of his time I would say not very. Caiaphas didn't think so anyway.

From Suzanne:

etc.

Ba'al Chatzaf

He comprehends with the poet's heart, and "downward bends his burning eye / on mysteries so bright."

LC has always been steeped in religion one way or another. And he's a Montrealer. His novel Beautiful Losers centres (if there is a centre) on Catherine Tekakwitha, the first Huron saint.

He's a Buddhist now and has to keep touring at his age because his ex manager (female of course) stole all his money.

"Until the sea shall free them" is the most haunting line for me. Pure Cohen.

Contrast Mordecai Richler, who hated his rabbinical rearing and became, as one character says to another in and early novel' "just another goddam Jewish atheist."

"Until the sea shall free them" is the most haunting line for me. Pure Cohen.

"

All must be sailors until the sea shall free them. Yup, that is also my favorite line.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Good point. In fact that goniff Paul of Tarsus (formerly Saul of Tarsus) made it has life's work to hide that fact from Gentile converts.

Really? What are your sources?

His epistles elevating faith above works. Jesus was practical as many Jews are. Doing was more important than contemplating or believing. The belief is in the doing. Paul preached against that.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Really? What are your sources?

His epistles elevating faith above works. Jesus was practical as many Jews are. Doing was more important than contemplating or believing. The belief is in the doing. Paul preached against that.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yet he was atavistic in restricting the role of women back to the Jewish model. Women had been doing too much of the works and getting too much authority in the infant church until Paul came along to put them in their place.

Yet he was atavistic in restricting the role of women back to the Jewish model. Women had been doing too much of the works and getting too much authority in the infant church until Paul came along to put them in their place.

Tut tut, je suis désolé, nein nein. New Testament scholars nowadays generally don't believe that Paul wrote the Timothy epistles, and believe that the part in 1 Corinthians is a later interpolation. Otherwise, 'splain me this, why is it that earlier in 1 Corinthians Paul specifies that when women are speaking during a service, they should have their heads covered? Why bother, when later on he says women aren't allowed to speak at all? The scribes must have shipped their manuscripts to Denmark to impart such a rotten smell on them.

Tut tut, je suis désolé, nein nein. New Testament scholars nowadays generally don't believe that Paul wrote the Timothy epistles, and believe that the part in 1 Corinthians is a later interpolation. Otherwise, 'splain me this, why is it that earlier in 1 Corinthians Paul specifies that when women are speaking during a service, they should have their heads covered? Why bother, when later on he says women aren't allowed to speak at all? The scribes must have shipped their manuscripts to Denmark to impart such a rotten smell on them.

Oh well, if you're going to get all "the real Paul this" and "the real Paul that". We'll never allocate all the intellectual property in either testament with certainty. I'm going by what was written under his name, and stayed written.