O'biwan's First Public Bund Meeting From Ohio Is Being Live Streamed Right Now...

Selene

"The free market ,,,"!! What a joke to hear that come out of his mouth...

Now he is into his class warfare rant...

Here is a good one...the American auto industry has added 210,000 jobs since 2009...

4 million jobs have been created in the last three (3) years...

This is not just another election....it is a make or break election for the American middle class...

AND THE BUND HALL ERUPTS...4 MORE YEARS -

HE RANTS INTO HIS FAIR CHANCE AND FAIR SHOT AND PLAYING BY THE SAME RULES...

There is no way that Romney can stand up, image wise, to this corrupt demagogue...

Demagoguing 101: Manipulate the perception of the crowd size be iron fisted control of the imaging to the public.

Obama Launches Campaign in Empty Arena

obamafail.png

contributor-80x100-amarlow.png

Barack Obama launched his campaign in unspectacular fashion today at Ohio State University, the largest college in the crucial swing state. A photo posted to twitter by Mitt Romney's campaign spokesman Ryan Williams reveals sparse attendance. The above image, according to Williams, was taken during the President's first official campaign speech.

During the speech, Obama ripped into the presumptive GOP nominee and discussed nation building at home, but the most newsworthy item of the day was not the talking points Obama delivered: it was the crowd... or lack thereof. According to ABC News, the Obama campaign had expected an "overflow" of people. Instead, the arena looked half-empty. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Obama organizers even had people move from the seats to the floor of the gym in order to project a larger crowd on television.

According to the Toledo Blade, the venue for Obama's rally seats 20,000 but "there were a lot of empty seats." Comparatively, Obama drew a crowd of 35,000 at Ohio State when he campaigned for former Governor Ted Strickland in 2010.

The official Barack Obama Tumblr boasts a figure from ThinkProgress that 14,000 attended the event--70% of the stadium's seating capacity.

It's a campaign faux pas to hold an event in a room that isn't full; to promise the media a more-than-capacity crowd then fall this far short of that promise is utter incompetence. In 2008, Obama ran a near-flawless campaign, buoyed by enthusiasm and effective organizing. But it's not 2008 any more, and on day one of the 2012 campaign, Team Obama has already made an embarrassing blunder.

Alexander Marlow is Breitbart News Managing Editor. Follow him on twitter @alexmarlow.

Adam, if "Bund" is your reference to German fascism, is it your position that Obama is both a Nazi and a Communist? The Germans chose Hitler because they thought he would protect them from communism and indeed he did - until he found it expedient to make friends in 1941. Is Obama an incipient Hitler , or Stalin or both? Please elucidate.

Adam, if "Bund" is your reference to German fascism, is it your position that Obama is both a Nazi and a Communist? The Germans chose Hitler because they thought he would protect them from communism and indeed he did - until he found it expedient to make friends in 1941. Is Obama an incipient Hitler , or Stalin or both? Please elucidate.

Obiwan is both a Statist and a Collectivist. So he could fit either label.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Carol:

You had to see the rally to understand the "bund" reference. It was right out of Triumph of the Will in some sections, including the hand salute with the four more years chant.

It was not as mechanistic as the bund meetings in Germany, but just as chilling. The closeups of vacant eyed middle aged women with a rapt idiocy on their faces was more than frightening.

The innocent stupidity on the young people's faces was worse than the Hitler Youth Camp look.

Adam

not really concerned if I am enslaved by a fascist or a communist...a chain is a chain and a neck is a neck

Query, Adam... did Ford Hall or NBI audiences of Ayn Rand , look so very different?

Carol:

Can't speak for Ford Hall.

The NBI audiences that I personally observed in the Empire State Building days were, at one level, absolutely similar in the rigidity of the audience. The rapt look of adoration in the eyes of the acolytes. The "true believer" odor was an immense red flag for me.

The lack of animation in the NBI audiences was the significant difference to the O'biwan audiences. The lack of robotic salutes was a significant difference to the Nazi "Triumph of the Will" audiences.

Does that answer your question?

Adam

Adam:

You know I respect your insights, especially in the poltical arena (not so sure about your fondness for kink, however...)

With that said, I think due caution is required with Hitler references. I heard this so often during the W years, and before that as well. I remember the very distinct fear among conservatives that Bill Clinton wouldn't relinquish the White House at the end of his second term. And on and on. Hitler references have become the lazy man's shopworn effort at provocation, and I for one am tired of them.

Yes, Obama is a Class I charlatan when it comes to selling snake oil to the masses, especially those who can only clap once they take their hands out of my pocket. But that don't make him Hitler, or anything near that--it simply makes him a successful politician with a very predictable, liberal bent. Surprise, surprise...

I just think there ought to be a moratorium on such references, and that Hitler references should be saved for, well, Hitler himself. Food for thought.

Adam:

You know I respect your insights, especially in the political arena (not so sure about your fondness for kink, however...)

With that said, I think due caution is required with Hitler references. I heard this so often during the W years, and before that as well. I remember very the very distinct fear among conservatives that Bill Clinton wouldn't relinquish the White House at the end of his second term. And on and on. Hitler references have become the lazy man's shopworn effort at provocation, and I for one am tired of them.

Yes, Obama is a Class I charlatan when it comes to selling snake oil to the masses, especially those who can only clap once they take their hands out of my pocket. But that don't make him Hitler, or anything near that--it simply makes him a successful politician with a very predictable, liberal bent. Surprise, surprise...

I just think there ought to be a moratorium on such references, and that Hitler references should be saved for, well, Hitler himself. Food for thought.

I agree with you and I tend to overreach in my vicious political attack modality which is triggered instantly by this Peter Principle President..

Essentially, the "bund" reference had nothing to do with Hitler in my mind. It had to do with the methodological techniques used in "Triumph of the Will" of mass rallies and the dynamics of crowd persuasion of the isolated individual.

Thanks for the wake up call.

Adam