Sheep & Shepherds

Backlighting

"The left takes its vision seriously -- more seriously than it takes the rights of other people. They want to be our shepherds. But that requires us to be sheep" -Thomas Sowell

"The left takes its vision seriously -- more seriously than it takes the rights of other people. They want to be our shepherds. But that requires us to be sheep" -Thomas Sowell

Too right, Mr Sowell!

The trouble with this world is too much damn leadership and not enough followership.

The worst job I have heard of: "bunghole puller" at a pig processing plant.

Imagine how many bad choice one must make to end up in that slot, so to speak.

I would say in many cases the pay and benefits are at or above the national average

for pay in the private sector. We have a hog processing plant in the town I work in

and they are the finanacial backbone of this area of the state. If I lost my job it would

not surprise me to find myself doing that job or something similar in a matter of weeks.

If they are even hiring.

I have done factory line work before and didn't mind it in the least bit. Factories are more

interesting than many other kinds of work.

Dennis

I have done factory line work before and didn't mind it in the least bit. Factories are more

Dennis

And one has to do something definite and measurable. It beats manufacturing gold bricks and bundles of feather for an ad agency.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Dennis

And one has to do something definite and measurable. It beats manufacturing gold bricks and bundles of feather for an ad agency.

Ba'al Chatzaf

It is a crying shame but when the shepherds collapse our economy people will long for the days when simple every day items were available from factories and they didn't have to make them at home. Most Americans are 2 or more generations removed from knowing how to make do with home made items.

Dennis

Rose Wilder Lane canned her own food, including chicken. She didn't want to participate in the Ponzi scheme of Social Security so she reduced her needs to a minimum and so too her economic participation in society. She knew an industrialist in the 1950s who sent her one of my grandfather's Madison volumes--likely the fifth of the six he wrote--and she was thrilled to death to get it in spite of the author's "obvious" New Deal bias as it was so above-board. She couldn't afford to buy it herself. There's a story around that she ghost-wrote her mother's "Little House On the Prairie" books. It might be true for the writing was sophisticated and her mother was supposedly not. Rose Wilder Lane was unimpressed by Ayn Rand's "mental capacity" after a "gotcha" conversation semantically trapped her. She had previously over-estimated it, you see. Well, a genius focused on manufacturing genius things as Rand was might suffer such lack of "capacity," not having the room or time for it.

--Brant