From a Czech Newspaper:

GALTGULCH8

<<<"

:
From a Czech Newspaper

Some people definitively appear to have a true gift and the necessary language skills to sum up complex issues in a way that allows a subject to be clearly understood by all rather quickly. The article below is an example ; it first appeared in a Czech Republic newspaper !

The writer has clearly figured it out. The article was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper
‘Prager Zeitungon’

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America.
Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

">>>

Correct...and there was ample evidence that he was an incompetent, corrupt, vicious, angry marxist.

But the electorate wanted to by that used car called "hope" and that snake oil cure called "change!"

We know of at least one who even had the audacity of hope that He would change the laws of nature and that He would pay her rent too.

After the disaster of Bush, who probably never understood what the Founders were trying to achieve, we all shared hope that someone would emerge who would get the ship of state back on the correct course.

Many of us who did know what Thomas Jefferson and his friends were up to discovered Ron Paul.

Those who have been indoctrinated by their parents, the churches and the public schools, the progressive academics and the liberal press recognized Obama as one of their own.

The ideological and philosophical struggle goes on although not everyone is aware of that. Like it or not the future is going to be determined by the outcome of this struggle.

I am hoping that Ayn Rand's works in print and on the big screen will continue to reach the children of the ignorant and the indoctrinated.

Part two is due October 12, 2012 at a theater near you.

I am hoping that Ayn Rand's works in print and on the big screen will continue to reach the children of the ignorant and the indoctrinated.

Part two is due October 12, 2012 at a theater near you.

Gulch:

You should really lose the condescending effete language.

I know more people who have more sense than the current crop of self identified "Objectivists."

Adam

<<<"

:
From a Czech Newspaper

Some people definitively appear to have a true gift and the necessary language skills to sum up complex issues in a way that allows a subject to be clearly understood by all rather quickly. The article below is an example ; it first appeared in a Czech Republic newspaper !

The writer has clearly figured it out. The article was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper
‘Prager Zeitungon’

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America.
Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

">>>

This is hard to argue with. My impression from conversations I had with friends & family in 2008 was that Obama was an unknown. "Give him a chance", and "You don't know what he'll do". A roll of the dice. The American electorate has been conditioned by 50 years of leftist doublespeak and outright lies to be unsure of anything whatever and to distrust everything anyone says that isn't accompanied by some feel good pablum. Years ago I argued "Hitler was just a psychopath, you've got to wonder about the people who chose him as their leader".

Yeah... I still think a pure democracy would give the majority the opportunity to make mistakes with nobody to blame but themselves, and therefor learn from them.

Electing leaders makes no sense to me... It's like arguing that people are too dumb to make political decisions, therefore we need only a select few competent enough for the task... but let that few be chosen by the very people apparently too stupid to do the job themselves.

Yeah... I still think a pure democracy would give the majority the opportunity to make mistakes with nobody to blame but themselves, and therefor learn from them.

Electing leaders makes no sense to me... It's like arguing that people are too dumb to make political decisions, therefore we need only a select few competent enough for the task... but let that few be chosen by the very people apparently too stupid to do the job themselves.

How would you prefer to choose your government and governors?

Ba'al Chatzaf

Dueling...? Hey it worked out well with the Burr Hamilton selection - Hamilton was killed and Burr lost the race for Governor of NY in 1804!

duel4.jpg

Unfortunately Hamilton's ideas for a strong central government did not die with him. I haven't been able to bring myself to read the book entitled Hamilton's Curse yet. Has anyone read it?

My dread of dictatorships stopped me from reading We The Living for a long time but I finally did pick it up. The trick now is to spare our children from the horror of such a society being in their future. This upcoming election is quite a fork in the road.

I do think that even if the electorate makes the wrong choice there will still be opportunities for us to regain the proper course despite the difficulties. Too many of us now alive who can enlighten the next generations with the wisdom and perspectives given to us by the likes of Ayn Rand, von Mises, and so many others.

Unfortunately Hamilton's ideas for a strong central government did not die with him. I haven't been able to bring myself to read the book entitled Hamilton's Curse yet. Has anyone read it?

My dread of dictatorships stopped me from reading We The Living for a long time but I finally did pick it up. The trick now is to spare our children from the horror of such a society being in their future. This upcoming election is quite a fork in the road.

I do think that even if the electorate makes the wrong choice there will still be opportunities for us to regain the proper course despite the difficulties. Too many of us now alive who can enlighten the next generations with the wisdom and perspectives given to us by the likes of Ayn Rand, von Mises, and so many others.

In the long run, Jefferson lost and Hamilton Won. We would have been better off if some wheat farmer in Pennsylvania had blown his brains out with a musket ball, during the Whiskey Rebellion. By the time Burr killed him in the duel in N.J. it was too late.

Ba'al Chatzaf