Paul Ryan Provides The Landscape For A Rational Discussion, On The National Stage, Of Rand's Ideas Merely Because The Left Hates Her...

Selene

Certain positions that candidates and parties take are throwaways. They get the hard core fired up, but the tacit understanding is that they'll never become law. This is one example. A flag-burning amendment and, for Democrats seeking union support, Taft-Hartley repeal, are some others. The ERA, after about 1975, was yet another example.

They tend to be constitutional amendments for the reason Selene mentions - amendments are almost impossible to pass.

It's reprehensible, but we shouldn't take it to mean that if the candidate wins these enactments are going to happen.

Certain positions that candidates and parties take are throwaways. They get the hard core fired up, but the tacit understanding is that they'll never become law. This is one example. A flag-burning amendment and, for Democrats seeking union support, Taft-Hartley repeal, are some others. The ERA, after about 1975, was yet another example.

They tend to be constitutional amendments for the reason Selene mentions - amendments are almost impossible to pass.

It's reprehensible, but we shouldn't take it to mean that if the candidate wins these enactments are going to happen.

Times change, though. I don't think this hard core is willing to have this thrown away. And all Presidents want to get reelected.

And what if Ryan turns into a Cheney? Oh man, I am getting waaay too interested in this election;;;;I should go back to soap operas, they are more believable.

Yep, Cheney is the essence of evil...

I mean he is even supportive of Gay and Lesbian rights,,,who could be more evil than that!!!

Adam,

I fixed the title. "An Rational" honked at me from the corner of my eye several times for a while, now, so I finally just fixed it.

:smile:

Michael

Thanks, it drives me nuts when I am in a rush on a tittle and I do not do a serious proofreading of it.

Keep forgetting that only the almighty forum commander can change those items....lol.... :unsure::angry2:

And what if Ryan turns into a Cheney? Oh man, I am getting waaay too interested in this election;;;;I should go back to soap operas, they are more believable.

Yep, Cheney is the essence of evil...

I mean he is even supportive of Gay and Lesbian rights,,,who could be more evil than that!!!

Was he na outspoken supporter while VP? Good for him,

Adam,

I fixed the title. "An Rational" honked at me from the corner of my eye several times for a while, now, so I finally just fixed it.

:smile:

Michael

Thanks, it drives me nuts when I am in a rush on a tittle and I do not do a serious proofreading of it.

Keep forgetting that only the almighty forum commander can change those items....lol.... :unsure::angry2:

But we know what you meant.

"An", once you correct the typo on her name, was pretty rational.