Defederation - Wave of the Future?

caroljane

The Separatist Party is once again in control of the Canadian province of Quebec. Their platform is, no surprise, separation , or secession, from the surrounding country and sovereignty within their own borders.

This happens periodically up here but I am not aware of any Red or Blue states making the same moves in the US. Might it happen?

Why can't the part of the country that hates the Central Government separate from the rest? Simple the Central Government will send in the planes and the tanks and put an end to such separation toot sweet. What they will do the Separatists will make what Haffaz Assad is doing to the Syrians opposing him, look like a grade school picnic.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob K,

There are some exceptions to sending in the planes and tanks, such as the "Velvet Divorce" between Czechia and Slovakia, or the parting between the Netherlands and Belgium (back in 1830).

Some people think that not too long from now Belgium may split into Flanders and Wallonia without violence.

Robert C

Bob K,

There are some exceptions to sending in the planes and tanks, such as the "Velvet Divorce" between Czechia and Slovakia, or the parting between the Netherlands and Belgium (back in 1830).

Some people think that not too long from now Belgium may split into Flanders and Wallonia without violence.

Robert C

If our own civil war history is a guide the response to de-unification will be rapid and violent. There will be another Civil War I think.

Ba'al Chatzaf

The Separatist Party is once again in control of the Canadian province of Quebec. Their platform is, no surprise, separation , or secession, from the surrounding country and sovereignty within their own borders.

This happens periodically up here but I am not aware of any Red or Blue states making the same moves in the US. Might it happen?

Daunce:

The short answer is no. Not a chance.

We are much more likely to add some of Canada as new states to our country than to lose some states from our country.

Personally, I wouldn't mind adding Old Montreal to our list of holdings....