Stan for Mayor

caroljane

Tuxedo Stan is running for Mayor of Halifax and is a clear frontrunner, having gathered more than 7000 facebook friends and the endorsement of none other than Anderson Cooper.

He is running on a single issue, one of concern to all Haligonians indeed all Canadians, and according to his spokesperson, Paul Chisholm, the technicality of his current lack of a human birth certificate should not disqualify him, and could be easily cleared up.

On behalf of the Citizens Coalition of Toronto, I have sent this urgent appeal to Stan in hopes he will give it serious consideration:

Dear Mr, or ex-Mr. Stan:

Your qualifications, character and ethics far exceed those of our present Mayor, Robdoug Middlefinger Ford, and our Selection Committee invite you to accept the position of Acting Mayor as soon as you can get goin' down the road.

In exchange we offer the City of Halifax both Fords and a Cadillac, and an airtight warranty that we will pay for any damage they might cause within the warranty period of whenever they open their big, fat mouths,

Stan, we need you! Here, kitty, kitty,,,,,

As the Toronto Star reports, Stan put his tail in the ring due to his concern for fellow cats who are the "forgotten felines" of Halifax.

"I was one of the lucky ones," says Stan. " I got a home, a name, an "owner" who is my obedient slave. But I never forget where I came from."

His beginnings were bleak. His mother was in polite terms a "stray" and his father was unknown. Orphaned at an early age, he foraged on the mean streets of Halifax,, often not knowing where his next mouse was coming from. When jailed for loitering, he expected to be executed.

But instead he was adopted by Chisholm. "My life changed completely. Paul fed not only my body, everytime I meowed for food, but also my mind and spirit. He awakened a political conscience in me.

"That's why I'm running for mayor, The human population must be made to address the homeless kitten issue. And the cat population must remember, that the human population are not uncaring strangers, but endless sources of food and affection."