Lucky 13

caroljane

I might as well start a New Years countdown thread for my fellow enfeebled, embittered or exhausted who are at home instead of out carousing as we approach '13 which is indeed my lucky number. Also I am distressingly sober due to the embitteringly high cost of booze in Canada, as noted elsewhere, however I have a heartening supply of Moosehead saved up so hope a few "alan Scobies" are around to preserve my delusion of not drinking alone.

I really do think '13 will be good. not just for me.

Cheers!

Well, 1913 wasn't so good. We got the income tax amendment, and the founding of the Federal Reserve. 2013 can't turn out much worse.

Also the 17 th amendment making senators popularly elected. This was the final act in doing away with federal government and state sovereignty.

Ba'al Chatzaf

.Kyrel Z. on Solo is also sanguine about 2013. He feels that a a "pure, clean comprehension" that reason and individualism and freedom are "100% right" will begin to advance humanity to "a new Enlightenment".

Ah, but humanity is not 100% anything, certainly not pure, clean or mutually comprehendingor comprehensible. Human nature is the fly in the ointment of all enlightenments, the spanner in the works, the worm i' the bud.

.Kyrel Z. on Solo is also sanguine about 2013. He feels that a a "pure, clean comprehension" that reason and individualism and freedom are "100% right" will begin to advance humanity to "a new Enlightenment".

Kyrel Z will just Dream On....

Ba'al Chatzaf