Something a Little Different (LOL)

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This should not be funny, but I swear, I can't stop laughing.

Even after the trainwreck she did in a teacup, she blames the tea manufacturer for not getting it right.

And she is totally convinced, too.

LOL...

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Michael

IMHO She's a comedic and acting genius not an idiot.  Very funny though!

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody told me about this habit by the police in the Tokyo subway decades ago. There was a group of us, we were using drugs back then, and we all laughed and laughed.

But I never believed it.

Time passed and not once did I believe it.

Well, here is a video of it happening today.

Dayaamm!

:) 

Michael

I experienced quite a bit of that while stationed  there during my stint in the Army '68-'69. Even in Yokohama, where I lived it was normal to be pushed on to crowded trains. Add to that the ceilings of the trains were not quite 6 feet so I had to bend somewhat to fit. All in all Japan was a very strange country. The food, language, driving on the left with the steering wheel on the right, women expected to walk behind men etc. I have some memorable memories.

• Smile 1

On 6/15/2024 at 6:12 PM, Backlighting said:

I have some memorable memories.

I was there around 1967 and then later. I remember that in Sasebo Japan the men came out at night and urinated in the benjo ditches outside their houses. I would drive home and there they would be . . . pissing . . . and some of them had obviously just had a hard on . . . arrrgh.     

• Smile 1

Peter, while on a bus transporting me and other G.I.s to work, I occasionally saw, in a rural area, individuals squatting and relieving themselves. Someone informed me that as long as one's back faces the road, it was legal.

7 hours ago, Backlighting said:

Someone informed me that as long as one's back faces the road, it was legal.

Other countries have laws that serve a purpose, but we in "civilized" America find the laws a bit odd. Now why would it be better to show your butt and crap as it exits . . . ? Aaahh, you aren't showing your pisser. I thought the Japanese were quite civilized at the time. They wore face masks even back then to protect them from germs, something I didn't do until 2020. 

Dayamm!

This takes me back to my own drinking days.

LOLOL... :) 

In my alcoholic days, I used to live near a major tabloid newspaper in São Paulo. I hung out with police reporters at a watering hole right. We all got plastered night after night.

I had a friend, Celso, who like to drink pinga boilermakers. If you have ever tasted pinga, you know it's nasty and burns hard. But after you chase it with beer, it's not so bad. The drunk high kicks in quick, too.

As usual, we always argued about how to save the world and figured out how simple it all was if it weren't for those evil bastards. Celso loved to get into pontificating mode. As he pontificated, he had a shot-glass full of pinga and a side-glass of beer waiting for him. He liked to walk to the middle of the bar, pointing his finger all around and laying down the truth on all of us. When his back was turned on his drinks, someone would get a shot-glass full of water and change it out with his shot-glass of pinga.

Celso would come up for air in a loud flourish. With an emphatic gesture, he grabbed the shot-glass and chased down his rhetoric to get to that jagged-edged bite of raw pinga. Shit. Hell and damnation. Fucking water. His eyes bulged as he spat water all over the place.

Then came the loud nonstop cussing. On and on and on. At least ten minutes or more. It was magnificent.

When Celso got real drunk, he used to accuse me of being a CIA agent infiltrating the heroic Brazilian reporters. I always told him he was a goddam fool and we went at it like cats and dogs.

I don't know why, but I miss those days.

Michael 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...