US 2024 Election

Guyau

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

S,

Who do you propose will supply those changes?

:)

One of the problems with giving people power over nature like capitalism--and individual thinking and reason--does is that it gives that same power to all people, which means to bad people, too.

And those bad people use that augmented power over reality on other people because that's what they do. They like using power over other people. They choose to do it. They feed their souls on it. What's more, many bad people are highly intelligent and creative in using that augmented power over reality on humans.

No one can wish those bad people away. 

When bad people are using high-tech weapons on you to kill or injure or enslave you, or steal your stuff, you cannot defeat them with a syllogism or disapproval.

You have to neutralize their weapons, then worry about persuading, especially if you want to win the war of reason.

You have to use your brain to understand and deploy those weapons (or even bigger and meaner weapons) against the ones who attack you with them. And you have to use your brain to know how to inspire people into forming a movement for good (Trump is a master at that).

Reality will not allow any other outcome except subjugation and death.

That's not good or evil. That's just reality.

But, for the record, bad people are evil. Reality as a whole isn't, but bad people sure are.

And here's the paradox and dilemma given to us by reality. How do you kill off bad people at the root without becoming evil yourself?

Michael

Agreed, much has to change for the societal environment we all live in to change to one of peace and security (from initiation of harm) in addition to one of flourishing.

There was a time when the policing power and the judicial power in any society (any which could succumb to the savagery or predation by a very small minority of criminal or unjust people )... were held by heads of villages or kings...

eventually we discovered democracy, rule the law, individual rights, and constitutional republics...  I think we can identify what the moral principles are.  Rights do not change, but modern challenges have clearly shown that the methods by which they must be protected do change.

If government could stay out of the way of private solutions to abuse and invasion of privacy etc. I think there is enough demand by the public, and there are enough powerful people who are not predators ... enough to offer us products for peace and security, free speech, education, medical care etc.  

What we need are governments who will NOT collude with or assist the predator class when they attempt to erode and violate our individual rights.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Incidentally, my General Mike Flynn books just arrived. They are co-authored by Boone Cutler.

They came early.

All three belong to the same series: The Citizen's Guide to Fifth Generation Warfare

Instead of volumes, they are called Sessions 1, 2 and 3.

Introduction to 5GW
How to Fight Artificial Intelligence
The Role of The Church

These are kinda expensive and I did not want to get them yet, but in parallel, I am writing a novel about a worldwide economic collapse called The Spoils of Equity. These books will give me a lot of inside info on dirty tricks for plot points.

And I am sure Session 3 on the role of the church will apply to any system of thought that preaches life-affirming morality.

I will be making posts about what I find in them.

So, expensive or not, I just bit the bullet, tightened my belt and got them.

sigh...

Don't forget that art is long and life is short.

Michael

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2024 at 2:22 PM, Strictlylogical said:

Agreed, much has to change for the societal environment we all live in to change to one of peace and security (from initiation of harm) in addition to one of flourishing.

There was a time when the policing power and the judicial power in any society (any which could succumb to the savagery or predation by a very small minority of criminal or unjust people )... were held by heads of villages or kings...

eventually we discovered democracy, rule the law, individual rights, and constitutional republics...  I think we can identify what the moral principles are.  Rights do not change, but modern challenges have clearly shown that the methods by which they must be protected do change.

If government could stay out of the way of private solutions to abuse and invasion of privacy etc. I think there is enough demand by the public, and there are enough powerful people who are not predators ... enough to offer us products for peace and security, free speech, education, medical care etc.  

What we need are governments who will NOT collude with or assist the predator class when they attempt to erode and violate our individual rights.

Curtis is that you :) (Yarvin)

There is something to the idea of identified sole occupant leadership in any type of organization that, I think, lends itself to being an avenue for remediation of wrong doing by the the organization. I also think in that vein is a kernel of reasoning that could curb "corporatocracy" , benevolent oligarchs as it were ,lol.

22 minutes ago, tmj said:

Curtis is that you :) (Yarvin)

There is something to the idea of identified sole occupant leadership in any type of organization that, I think, lends itself to being an avenue for remediation of wrong doing by the the organization. I also think in that vein is a kernel of reasoning that could curb "corporatocracy" , benevolent oligarchs as it were ,lol.

Well Curtis might have his ideas about the benefits of sole occupant leadership, my post only mentions it as something which occured in the past.

Although individuals must implement any political system (at least until we have AI overlords...), in a proper government they are solely there to administer and enforce proper Law... the concept of Rule of Law (and not rule by men) has been around long before Objectivism and it is one of the correct principles aimed at minimizing corruption and abuse of power by individuals in government, toward enabling the existence and operation of a proper government.

As for curbing corporatocracy we have the age old problem of bribery and corruption. 

Coincidentally, I have promised myself to pivot my swear words from G'dammit and JC to "Judas"... I mean why admonish the symbols of light and good when there is a perfectly suitably corrupt, and cowardly example in Judas..

that's my new swear term and I'm sticking to it.

Dear anti Trump lurkers, 

Eight years ago you said he had no ground game

Four years ago you questioned if he could even win his own Nomination as the sitting President.

Today you wonder if he can beat an opponent who has not even been named or if he can beat Biden if he runs ( as if ).

Put your money where your mouth is and either comment here that Trump has no chance ( your battlecry for ten years ) or donate to President Trump. 

Either/or

Much love!

• Like 1

JD Vance RNC nomination for VP acceptance speech night before last:

RUMBLE.COM

"Our movement is about single moms like mine, who struggled with money and addiction, but never gave up. I'm proud to say that tonight my my mom is here, 10 years, clean and sober. I love you mom."

Donald Trump RNC nomination for President acceptance speech last night:

RUMBLE.COM

FULL SPEECH: Trump Delivers Powerful Nomination Acceptance Speech At The RNC 2024

There they are, formally nominated and the nominations accepted.

Michael

I agree with her.

I think Buttigieg is the Biden replacement--anointed in the backrooms of the Dem power-people.

This might get interesting, but from where I sit, it's too late and Biden is not going to budge.

He knows he did not use merit to get into office. He knows he cheated. Now his backers like Obama and Pelosi want him to start playing by rules?

Heh...

I can see Biden thinking, Who the hell do they think they are?

Biden ain't going anywhere.

Michael

Who knew? So that is what the initials “JD” stands for. I wonder if he will change his name back to “Donald” because of . . . oh, you get the joke.

From Bing. James David Vance (born James Donald Bowman; August 2, 1984) is an American politician, lawyer, author, and US Marine veteran who has been serving as the junior United States senator from Ohio since 2023. A member of the Republican Party, he is the party's nominee for vice president in the 2024 election.

Okay.. but I’ll need a minute. A  married gay man who took maternity leave as a cabinet member after buyin… I mean adopting a(some?) baby(ies) is culturally acceptable as a valid candidate for POTUS ? man we’ve come a long baby.

Vivek was maybe a little fringy because pagan Hindus , but literally thumbing one’s nose at all Abrahamic gods is palatable? Man , I must be out of touch , I mean sure who doesn’t love Mitch and Cam ?, but I mean I think I’d rather have George Castanza.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tmj said:

Okay.. but I’ll need a minute. A  married gay man who took maternity leave as a cabinet member after buyin… I mean adopting a(some?) baby(ies) is culturally acceptable as a valid candidate for POTUS ? man we’ve come a long baby.

Vivek was maybe a little fringy because pagan Hindus , but literally thumbing one’s nose at all Abrahamic gods is palatable? Man , I must be out of touch , I mean sure who doesn’t love Mitch and Cam ?, but I mean I think I’d rather have George Castanza.

BINGO BAE BAE!

• Smile 1

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I agree with her.

I think Buttigieg is the Biden replacement--anointed in the backrooms of the Dem power-people.

This might get interesting, but from where I sit, it's too late and Biden is not going to budge.

He knows he did not use merit to get into office. He knows he cheated. Now his backers like Obama and Pelosi want him to start playing by rules?

Heh...

I can see Biden thinking, Who the hell do they think they are?

Biden ain't going anywhere.

Michael

Very well stated.

I see Jill Biden v Kamala v Hillary/Michelle ( wives of 16 years of Presidency) in a three ringed circus because Nov3 its a done deal shortly after dinner time on the east coast as Trump wins minimum 400 EC votes, probably 500.

• Like 1