US 2024 Election

Guyau

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I see Trump is promising to put tariffs on foreign goods to create more American jobs, like he did back in 2016. Interesting. Here is a comment made back in 2016 before Trump was nominated. What do other objectivists think?

March 21, 2016 The Perils of Populism Donald Trump Is the Man the Founders Warned Us Against by Robert Tracinski . . . In the case of the Trump phenomenon, the main hotbed of resistance to "the people" turns out to be right-leaning intellectuals, those annoying trouble-makers who keep asking questions about how Trump is going to deport 11 million people, whether putting a 45% tariff on China is actually going to hurt the economy, whether he actually knows anything about national defense or foreign policy, or how his current statements compare to a long history of saying completely opposite things. In doing so, we are just doing what the Constitution and the American system asks us to do: demanding that a demagogue do more than preach to his own faction. We're asking all voters to ascend to a higher level and make their case in terms of logic and principles . . . .

I’m sure Rand was all for free trade with Communist Dictatorships because…

- -

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

Robert Tracinski is one man in O-Land who has an impressive outbreak of Trump Derangement Syndrome all over him, from the hair on the top of his head all the way down to the nails on his little toes.

Tracinski is OK on a lot of things, but on Trump, he's a Karen.

I don't think there is a cure.

Contemplating Trump makes him turn his brain off and we get what's left at those times.

:) 

Michael

Makes me want to find that box with all the TIAs I impatiently waited to receive, enjoyable subscription that !

3 hours ago, tmj said:

Makes me want to find that box with all the TIAs I impatiently waited to receive, enjoyable subscription that !

T,

I don't want to be dense, but what is TIA? 

Transient Ischemic Attack?

(OK, OK, I'm goofing around. :) )

Seriously, though, I'm prettyn sure you mean The Intellectual Activist, but what box are you talking about and why did you wait to receive them?

Er...

Oh. I get it. You actually did receive them. So the box was where you put them.

There was a time in the distant past when I had a brain...

So how's this for a total waste of a post?

Michael

Lordy, Lordy.

It looks like Brett Baier of all people metaphorically knocked the shit out of Kamala Harris during the interview.

This is just to get started:

WWW.BREITBART.COM

Harris faced tough questions on the southern border invasion under the Biden-Harris administration during an interview on Fox News.

Harris's people also kept signaling Brett Baier to cut the interview short and he finally did.

The fallout's gonna be fun.

Michael

If you want a taste of the interview until I can find a full copy, enjoy.

I think she was more pissed that a Trump clip was played in her interview than anything else.

Her outrage did not cover up her goofball response to Baier, that she just heard what Trump said and that's not what he said or says. It's what she says he says.

Michael 

October 17, 2024. The Real Clear Politics “No Toss Up States” Electoral College map has not changed. Trump is at  (302)  compared to Harris’s  (236). Trump is way over the 270 needed to win.

Pennsylvania has Trump at 48.3 percent and Harris at 48 percent.

The betting odds average is Trump 57.6 vs Harris at 41.3 so the big Vegas money is betting on Trump.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Lordy, Lordy.

It looks like Brett Baier of all people metaphorically knocked the shit out of Kamala Harris during the interview.

Well, there's this...

Hear hear!

I agree. She needs to be interviewed by Joe Rogan.

Yes.

Please make this happen.

btw - KanekoaTheGreat said he ran his message through Grok to get it to sound like a Valley Girl, a typical Kamala Harris fan. LOL...

Michael

The aftermath of the interview this morning was interesting.

The pro-Trump people said she's finished and the pro-Kamala people praised her. We already expected that.

But the pro-Kamala praise came with a catch, one that Elon Musk caught and blasted out on his MAGAphone.

Can you see the jackboots in lockstep in the legacy media?

Testy, two, three, four,
Testy, two, three, four,
Testy, two, three, four,
Testy, two, three, four...

They are like ants. Not an individual brain among them. They are a hive mind and all those little media worker ants are out there doing their "testy" duty.

Can you imagine being Kamala Harris, going to bed and realizing that a hive mind, not individuals, is the foundation of your popularity as a candidate?

That this is as good as it gets?

When conditional phony praise like that is all you get, who needs freedom?

Michael

13 hours ago, Peter said:

October 17, 2024. The Real Clear Politics “No Toss Up States” Electoral College map has not changed. Trump is at  (302)  compared to Harris’s  (236). Trump is way over the 270 needed to win.

Pennsylvania has Trump at 48.3 percent and Harris at 48 percent.

The betting odds average is Trump 57.6 vs Harris at 41.3 so the big Vegas money is betting on Trump.

Music to my ears, Mr.Peter, music to my ears!!!!!

The following seems to jibe with Objectivist economics, as a first step.

From POLITIFACT: Donald Trump’s 2024 campaign promises: Here’s his vision for a second term . . .

End taxation on Social Security Trump wrote on Truth Social, "Seniors should not pay tax on Social Security." He did not provide details, such as offsetting revenues to pay for it. The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimated that doing this would cost $1.6 trillion to $1.8 trillion over a decade.

End taxation on tips This would end taxation on the tipped portions of workers. An analysis by Ernie Tedeschi at the Yale Budget Lab found that 2.5% of workers are in tipped jobs, including 5% of workers in the bottom quarter of earners. Trump was the first to propose this; his 2024 presidential race opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris, followed suit, although economists have mixed feelings about whether the benefits to workers would outstrip the cost to the government, and about whether companies would take advantage of the new policy to force more workers into tipped jobs.

End taxation on overtime Besides ending taxation on Social Security and tips, Trump said he would end taxation on pay for overtime work. The Tax Foundation, a center-right think tank, estimated that this would cost anywhere from $227 billion to $1.1 trillion over 10 years, depending on how the new policy was structured . . . .