Mad Men

It's a show on AMC.

It's about advertising in the 50ths. The protagonist is Donald Draper, a second tier executive, on his way up who has a past he is concealing.

The show is amusing in that it reminds you of the 50ths. For example everyone smokes everywhere. There is a lot of drinking. Most of big guys in the firm have women on the side. No women are in executive positions. Women are wives or secretaries.

The reason I mention the show is the episode I am currently watching mentioned Atlas Shrugged. The head of the firm recommends Atlas to Draper.

Edited by Chris Grieb

It's a show on AMC.

It's about advertising in the 50ths. The protagonist is Donald Draper, a second tier executive, on his way up who has a past he is concealing.

The show is amusing in that it reminds you of the 50ths. For example everyone smokes everywhere. There is a lot of drinking. Most of big guys in the firm have women on the side. No women are in executive positions. Women are wives or secretaries.

The reason I mention the show is the episode I am currently watching mentioned Atlas Shrugged. The head of the firm recommends Atlas to Draper.

I'm curious if the mannerisms of one of the actors in the show give anyone else flashbacks to a very famous figure in the history of Objectivism?

Bill P (Alfonso)