Immediate Intervention Required for Dennis Harden!!

Selene

OK.

Down to the final four:

Green Bay Packers -3 1/2 over under is 43

Chicago Bears [Obiwan's Team]

New York Jets

Pittsburgh Steelers -3 1/2 over under is 38 1/2

Make picks by tomorrow morning.

Fantasy, NY fan final score,

Jets 27

New England 24

Unbelievable.

Good luck on the school year. What are you studying for?

Thanks. I'm working on a B.S. in Chemical Engineering. Partial Diff. Equations, Process Engineering, Quantum Chemistry, Chem. Eng. Seminar, and Intro to Film (ugh) this semester. So far so good.

Mike

After the film intro you can skip further courses. Go buy some equipment and start making (video) films. Have fun. Your passion, if you really have some for this, will lead you on. Remember your classmates you might like to work with and get them involved. Put your stuff up on YouTube. If you develop some ability in this area, it might be valuable to your future employer, including felicity with an important foreign language. These would be arrows in your quiver.

--Brant

studied some of this stuff at NYU--acting too

Edited by Brant Gaede

OK.

Down to the final four:

Green Bay Packers -3 1/2 over under is 43

Chicago Bears [Obiwan's Team]

New York Jets

Pittsburgh Steelers -3 1/2 over under is 38 1/2

Make picks by tomorrow morning.

All right. After some good deliberation, I'm going to say:

Green Bay 27

Chicago 17

Pittsburgh 20

NY Jets 17

But my confidence in these predictions isn't too high. Utilizing the Three Stooges (the shows have been on TV lately. awesome stuff!) as a "metaphor", I felt like Moe in the wild card (very confident in my predictions), Larry in the divisional (slightly confident), and Shemp right now! That puts me on track to feel like Curly for the Super Bowl... oh boy... :huh:

Mike:

Equally uncomfortable with the Jets pick:

NY Jets 21

Pittsburgh 19

Packers 31

Bears 17

Well at least we see the early game about the same.

Beat O'biwan's team and keep him home for the Superbowl and save the taxpayers money!

Adam

End of first quarter 11:13 left 2nd quarter At the Half:

Green Bay 7 14

O'biwan's team 0

So far so good much, much better Mike.

The zero (0) scored by O'bama's team is equivalent to the total amount of jobs created by his marxist economic plan. It is also the total amount of long form birth certificates discovered by the new Governor of Hawaii.

Adam

Edited by Selene

The zero (0) scored by O'bama's team is equivalent to the total amount of jobs created by his marxist economic plan. It is also the total amount of long form birth certificates discovered by the new Governor of Hawaii.

Adam

Lol that's hilarious.

The Packers are really dominating this game. Especially on the run.

Now that Cutler seems to be out for good, it's over. I wouldn't be surprised at this point (5 minutes left in the 3rd) to see Rodgers go to the bench.

Adam

Lol that's hilarious.

The Packers are really dominating this game. Especially on the run.

Now that Cutler seems to be out for good, it's over. I wouldn't be surprised at this point (5 minutes left in the 3rd) to see Rodgers go to the bench.

Now Hanie is in. I hate when an agile sub comes in that a defense has not prepared for.

End of the third still:

Packers 14

O'biwan's team 0 7

See what I mean!

Edited by Selene

Mike:

Well we got lucky on that one.

Final

Green Bay Packers 21

O'biwan's Team 14

Well at least we do not have to pay for the temporary occupant of the White House's trip to the Super Bowl!

Go Jets!

Mike:

Can I sue for peace, fall back and save the equipment?

What a wipe out.

I can hear the Beach Boys tuning up in the background while the fat lady gets dressed!

Steelers 24

Jets 0 3 <<<< whoop dee do!

Adam

Edited by Selene

Mike:

I am formally presenting my sword...your prediction was correct.

th_PA220022.jpg Pittsburgh 24

The loser Jets 19

Adam

Mike:

I am formally presenting my sword...your prediction was correct.

th_PA220022.jpg Pittsburgh 24

The loser Jets 19

Adam

Adam,

That was a pretty surprising game. The Steelers ran the ball right through the Jets' defense. My prediction was based on the efficiency of Pittsburgh's defense, not it's offense... so I was half-right.

I think one error of mine was not taking into account the effect of Brett Keisel's epic beard. It puts offensive linemen into a trance. The guy looks like a viking.

Well, Steelers v.s. Packers it is. I'm excited. Both teams look like Super Bowl teams. We've got arguably the best offense in the league versus the best defense in the league; and a very good offense against a very good defense. This seriously is a great match-up.

I'm trying to come up with an initial guess of the winning team, but I can't bring myself to favor one team over the other. The only thing I can say right now is that I think the Packers need to play above average to win, and the Steelers don't.

But even that statement is hard to type... I'll figure it out.

Mike

Mike:

One of the strangest games with two (2) mirrored halves.

24 -- 0

0 - 19

How in hell do you, 3rd and goal and 4th and goal from the 2 yard line, call two (2) pass plays! An roll out option maybe, but trying to force a pass to the middle ????

Pittsburgh still deserved the win.

the early line is Packers by 2 1/2 and the over under is 46.

I have no clue on this game yet. I really love Pittsburgh historically, but this Packer team has really captured my interest and they did beat the Giants, so I am prone to root for the team in the Super Bowl who beat my team.

To be continued.

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Adam, I've got my prediction. And I feel pretty good about it.

I couldn't come up with anything until I made myself think about how the teams will actually score. As in specific scoring plays, such as Roethlisberger-to-Wallace for a TD, or a sack on third down that leads to a field goal, etc.

I came up with a score of 20-17 for the Packers.

And my backup prediction is 34-24 Packers. A little part of me doesn't expect the defenses to show up.

Your turn.

Mike

Mike:

I wrote mine down yesterday about mid afternoon:

Packers 38

Pittsburgh 17

I always expect these Super Bowls to be close, but except for a few the last few years they have essentially been blowouts, only 21 of the 44 were decided by ten (10) points or under.

Additionally, I was unaware of the semi-retarded new overtime rules.

If one team scores a field goal, then the other team gets one possession, but if the first team with possession in OT gets a touchdown, then the game is over!

Asinine.

So with that, my backup is Packers 26-20 in overtime, if the defenses do show up.

Why do I have the uncomfortable feeling that we are both going to be wrong! lol

Packers and the over is my betting recommendation. Give the 2 1/2 and take the over which is 45 1/2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txsuperbowlmatchups <<<< for the uninitiated these are the key match ups according to Yahoo

http://www.superbowlhistory.net/superbowl/scores.php <<<<all 44 Super Bowl games and the scores and an article about the games.

Adam

I feel humbled that Adam dedicated this thread to me, so the least I can do is contribute to it.

Honored as I am, I suspect there was a passive-aggressive element to the mispelling of my last name. And the subtitle included a reference to the "God led Colts," further diminishing any inclination I might otherwise have had to feel flattered.

For the record, I do not see Peyton Manning as God. I'd like to see God check off and hit Austin Collie on the dead run when the defense drops eight. He'd probably stumble over his beard backing away from center.

Aside from that, Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and Sammy Baugh rolled into one couldn't win with Fats Domino coaching from the sidelines...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi7oKWGTMCs

Mike:

Well, we dodged a bullet.

Pretty good game though.

I called that 31 yard TD play deep right to Nelson with 3:44 to go in the first quarter.

Adam

Mike:

Pretty good game though.

I called that 31 yard TD play deep right to Nelson with 3:44 to go in the first quarter.

Adam

Well, I'm glad I went with my backup prediction in my family competition!

That was a great game. I was shocked when Roethlisberger couldn't get the comeback to work. In a Super Bowl, that's unlike him. The Packers were impressive, and I say they earned it. Easily my favorite Super Bowl.

And definitely some good commercials (and of course some terrible ones). The Beaver pumping his fist against his chest was awesome. And the Darth Vader kid was a great one too.

The half-time show was hilariously bad. But then again I like to listen to good music... maybe that's old fashioned?!

Mike

Mike:

Pretty good game though.

Adam

Well, I'm glad I went with my backup prediction in my family competition!

That was a great game. I was shocked when Roethlisberger couldn't get the comeback to work. In a Super Bowl, that's unlike him. The Packers were impressive, and I say they earned it. Easily my favorite Super Bowl.

And definitely some good commercials (and of course some terrible ones). The Beaver pumping his fist against his chest was awesome. And the Darth Vader kid was a great one too.

The half-time show was hilariously bad. But then again I like to listen to good music... maybe that's old fashioned?!

Mike

Mike:

Not old fashioned at all.

I loved the Beaver commercial also.

Well glad we won.

Good luck in school this semester.

To bed for me.

Adam

Excellent game. Nice way to wrap up the season. I thought the halftime show was entertaining as well. (Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?)

And House M.D. resurrecting memories of Mean Joe Greene! How's that for nostalgia?

Now if they can just get a labor agreement in place so we can have a 2011 season.